Experience one of the most scenic, relaxing and rewarding tours in Moab - stand up paddleboarding on the Colorado River! Your journey begins at the Moab Adventure Center where you’ll be fitted with a PFD (Personal Flotation Device) before a 20 minute drive to a sandy beach along the river where we’ll set off.
On the beach, your guide will fit you with a paddle and paddle board before providing some brief instruction both on the sand and in the water. With our long 10-12 foot Surftech paddle boards, most people generally get the hang of stand up paddle boarding within just a few minutes. Once everyone is comfortable, we’ll push off for a fantastic experience on the river.
You’ll paddle past towering sandstone cliffs, catching the occasional glimpse of a great blue heron, a bighorn sheep, or a climber scaling the rock walls along the river’s edge. Your guide will provide any needed assistance and instruction as well as insights about the fascinating geology that surrounds us. You’ll have time to paddle, swim and just lie on your back in the sun as we drift down river.
Once we reach the takeout point along the river, we’ll pack up all the paddle boards and supplies before heading back to Moab.
- Paddle, swim and relax
- Easy to learn
- Full-body workout
- Considered by many to be the fastest growing watersport in the country.
- Long, 10-12 foot state-of-the-art Surftech boards
- Adjustable paddle
- Personal flotation device (PFD)
- Transportation to and from the river
- Instruction on the beach and on the water by a professional guide
- Snacks and water (please bring your own water bottle)
What to Bring
- A bottle of water
- Plenty of sunscreen
- Retention device for your sunglasses
- A small day pack to carry your personal items
- A waterproof camera, or a cell phone or camera in a protective casing.
What to Wear
- Clothes to get wet. Quick-drying clothes are best.
- A hat
- Sandals with straps, water or tennis shoes
Requires a minimum of 4 people for the trip to go out. If less than 4, confirm with Jason and the trip may sill go.
If you are pregnant, you will not be permitted to go paddle boarding. Our trips take place in remote wilderness settings where access to advanced medical care can be hours away (possibly overnight), and conditions such as extreme heat and vigorous activity can amplify the discomfort and aggravate any known or unknown conditions. Please remember that, you will not always be pregnant, but the river will always be here. We do not believe it is worth the risk, no matter how early you are in your pregnancy. We think moms are special and hope you understand. If you become pregnant after already having a reservation, please contact our office and we’ll arrange a full refund of your trip fare.